1. Team Member Confirmation: Advisors please check the emailed registration information sent to you, for the competitions you have registered competitors for and confirm their entry. If there are any discrepancies noted please contact the office. Competitors should have received a confirmation email that their registration was successful.
2. Registration for Thurs. April 6, 2017:
Registration for all competitors, advisors, PTC members, volunteers and judges will be held at the CNH Building – 230 Marquis Dr. Saskatoon, SK. Registration begins at 3:30 and runs until 9:00 p.m. Registration will be arranged by school for (Secondary schools) so an advisor from that school and can come to the registration line and check in all competitors or you can have each person go through the line individually. Advisors/ Delegates will have to go through the lineup individually. There will be signs posted as to where to pick up your registration information.
Once registration is done and your school has picked up their name tags, the group can move through the lineup for t-shirts, gift bags.
Due to budget restraints Carharrt will not be sponsoring Skills Sask. this year.
3. PTC members, Volunteers, Judges – Please register at the line-up marked for you to receive your information and name tag etc. We will only have printed nametags for those volunteers and judges who have registered through our website or have made contact with us prior to April 1/17 with a list of names. All other volunteers and judges will just receive a judge or volunteer tag hand printed.
4. There will not be an opening ceremony this year. We have decide to change the process and have a few more dignitaries at the closing ceremony. This will provide everyone to leave for the competition later in the day as well as have a relaxing evening. I will have some opening remarks around 8:30 a.m. at the lunch area at CNH to welcome everyone.
5. Lunch: All registered competitors, PTC members, judges, volunteers, advisors/delegates, and special guests will have lunch at the venues they are at. The lunches will be provided by Sask. Polytechnic – Saskatoon Campus. Each eligible person will find a lunch ticket in their nametag that they’ve received at registration. These must be used to receive a lunch. We have a seating are available but some competitions may want to go back to their competition area to eat. Lunch will be available between 11:30 -1:00 p.m. Come to the seating area to pick up your lunches.
**Lunches will be delivered to the two competition site at Sask. Polytechnic. **
6. Event Parking:
The CNH venue will have lots of vehicle parking. Buses and vans please drop off your competitors and then park at the North end of the parking lot. There will be a commissionaire supervising the area. Please respond politely to their requests and directions.
Because there will be approx. 1600+ students attending the Try-a-Trade events and watching the competition please allow room for their students to be dropped off at the front doors.
The remaining part of the parking lot is double row parking. Please follow the commissionaire directions.
Sask. Polytechnic Parking – there will be event parking available for the vehicles from schools with competitors. There is a designated are for you to park after dropping off your competitors. A map is attached and will also be available at the registration.
7. Closing Ceremonies: The closing ceremony supper and award ceremony will be held at the CNH Building. We will have everyone leave the facility after the competition to allow us to arrange the seating and head table. We are planning to have the event start at 6:30. Doors will not be open before 5:15 p.m. All registered competitors, advisors/delegates, judges, PTC members and volunteers will automatically receive a banquet ticket with their nametag during registration on April 7, 2017. Banquet Tickets will be placed in your name tag if you are a competitor, advisor, judge/volunteer or PTC member. Parents and guests who have purchased tickets on line will pick them up at the registration desk beginning on Thurs. at registration or on Friday. We will not be selling tickets after Friday March 31/17.
We are looking forward to a fun packed day of competitions on April 7, 2017. We have had some competitions run early this year and they were all successful.
Good luck to everyone! We hope you all come prepared to showcase your skilled trades and technology talents.
Competitors and advisors please be aware that Gold Medal winners in all competitions except:
Aesthetics (S), Brick Masonry (S), Plumbing (S), and HS Braiding/ Bridal (S), (these are competitions at the Provincial level only) will be asked to attend the 23nd Annual Skills Canada National Skills competition on May 31, 2017 –June 3, 2017 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We will be looking into offering a bus service this year for SCNC 2017 with one bus starting in Regina and one bus in Saskatoon. More details to follow.