WHAT IS IT?
The first-ever Saskatchewan Construction Week — proclaimed April 3-7, 2017, by the Government of Saskatchewan — is a celebration of the important economic and social contributions made by the province's second largest private sector employer.
This special week has been designated to acknowledge and celebrate the contributions of tradespeople, entrepreneurs and industry partners who make growth possible.
Construction’s Contribution to the Economy and Community
- Construction facilitates growth;
- Construction provides a diverse range of great careers to citizens;
- Construction is vital to affordable housing;
- Construction is a major contributor to the Saskatchewan economy.
All SCW partner organizations have been asked to engage the media by;
- Designating a lead media spokesperson;
- Indicating their willingness to engage in media; and
- Indicating what media channels and/or opportunities they would prefer to be involved with.
- The twitter handle for SCW is #SKConstructionWeek – please insert this into your social media posts where possible, as this hashtag will be monitored and posts shared accordingly.
- SCW asks that partners retweet and share Facebook posts about events as often as possible to ensure that everyone is working in the same direction with the same hashtags and content.
Visit the SCW website, www.constructionweek.ca, for the most up to date list of events.